Monday, February 15, 2010

gogo Inflight Internet

July 10, 2009



Lisa and I are on the way to Hawaii (Kona then Kauai) as I write this blog from 35,000 feet somewhere over Arizona. I do this via gogo's wonderful Inflight Internet service (our flight attendant, Jill, actually turned me on to it). This service is now available on a number of American's flights at a cost of $ 12.95 for the duration of the flight. I have been online now for over an hour with absolutely no conectivity issues. For the traveler that must stay connected (me) this is absolutely phneomenal!

I have edited our websites (the one you are on right now and pairingsatsea.com), checked emails, searched a couple of cruises for a client who emailed me (on my Blackberry) right before we took off from St. Louis, checked baseballs scores, looked at the weather in Hawaii for the next two weeks and even modified my Facebook profile. I even went on gotomypc.com and logged on to my computer back at the office ... all this from 35,000 feet ... WOW!

I turned TOTALLY unproductive time (usually reading the Ambassador Magaizine for the third time this month ... it's only the 10th of July) into incredibly productive time and entertained myself while Lisa read a book and caught up on her sleep.

So next time you fly and didn't quite get done back at the office or you're working that BIG deal that demands your constant attention, or if you are like me and just have to be connected at all times ... check it out. If you want additional info before your next trip check it out on the web at www.gogoinflight.com.

Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment